Metras nalla metras - 4

Relatives Galore

yammadi!! enna koottam da saami!! (What a crowd!)

Hari has seen more relatives over the past three months than in his entire five years of life :-)

Am I happy? yeeessss...

Am I irritated? maybe...

But on the whole its been wonderful. Let me begin at the beginning.

We arrive at Madras and mama with pranav come from bangalore. Stay with us for two days forcing me to cook 3, 4, 5... no no 6 times a day. Of course there has been my brother's family - sanjay, aarthi with chechal and sush - the visits to their place are more. One mama from pallavaram with his wife is frequent visitor, "I was just passing by and thought would pop in to say hello". Then my parents arrived from the US. Had three of my mom's sisters visit me. Bala's chitti, mami, cousin, his fiancee... etc. etc. So the number now stands at somewhere between 35 and 50.

I lost count after 12 :-) Come navarathri there is an increase in mutual visits. Dipavali saw Shyam's family coming down from the US.

Result is - Hari is trying to figure out how he is related to everybody and how he can be related to future issues. He eagerly wanted to know when Sriram (Bala's cousin who got married on Nov 10) will get a child. I tried to tell him subtly, "Hari lets play something" or shout "Hari?". But then I realised that he just wanted to know if his dad will be peripa to that kid. Okay son! lets just deal with existing people. Don't embarrass me again!!

Comments

Jimmy said…
godd post...........


Site Update Daily Visit Now link forward 2 all friends

shayari,jokes,recipes and much more so visit

http://www.discobhangra.com/shayari/

Popular posts from this blog

Metras nalla metras - 3

Idiosyncrasy - 3

Career problems for a 6 yr old