Metras nalla metras - 3

Hari participated in two competitions today and won 1st in Tamil and 2nd in Sanskrit recitation. Okay, I just can't stop peethifying about this to all and sundry - pandal pottu, serial set vechu, mikela thaan innum sollavillai :-)

Now to the topic. Competitions are one more thing that I have missed during my stay away from Madras. Till I left college, every recitation and oratorical competition conducted in the city in sanskrit had me participating and almost always bagging a prize too. On one hand, I was relieved to know that I don't need to go thro' the tension of standing before a frowning judge. On the other hand, I feel the same tension because it was my son who had to stand before the judge.

When I was standing outside I got a chance to observe the OE parents walking up and down the school premises, giving pep talks to their kids, last minute revisions and ofcourse the thayirsaadam dubbas :-) The parents seemed more worried than the kids. Just as how I was more excited about the prize than Hari. Oh! I also did the same things that all other parents did. The ambience and the excitement among parents just pulled me into it and within minutes I was walking up and down to check out if the 2nd competition had started... Spoke to Hari, giving last minute tips on how to recite... Getting worried about whether his throat would dry up... Asking him a couple of times if he wanted water... etc etc.

Appada! After today, I definitely feel like I am in Metras and I love it!

Comments

Laksh said…
Awesome! Congrats to Hari and you :)
Visalakshi said…
Thanks! Hari is amused by the fact that I am telling everybody about this :-)
Anonymous said…
soooooper, congrats to hari and you.keep up the good job.
Anonymous said…
soooooper, congrats to hari and you.keep up the good job.

gayathri
Anonymous said…
congrats to hari.

Anila
Visalakshi said…
Anila, welcome to my blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Career problems for a 6 yr old

Time, the culprit