Sanskrit and Jeans

Yet another day had dawned
Thoughts and arguments had formed
As I saw my salwar and sari,
I donned my Jeans in a hurry.
A morning guest had come.
I smiled and said ‘Welcome’.
The regular – ‘Oh! You’ve grown so tall!
But when I saw you, you were small
And what are you doing now?’

‘Sanskrit’, I said with pride.
‘Pity’, he said aside.
‘Scope?’, was the arrogant question.
‘A lot’, was my exit line.
At college she asked, ‘What subject?’
‘Sanskrit’, the reply was direct.
She stared at me from head to toe.

‘Sanskrit and Jeans don’t go too well’
Isn’t it modern? Why not, after all!
I repeat things over and over.
Explain facts time and again.
But here I am in my same old Jeans.
Yet another day dawns
And a new argument forms.

Comments

Anonymous said…
you are right.What scope u have in sanskrit?I have many friends who sit at home without doing anything(watching movies throughout) after completing their MCA.But nobody will question them.

G3

Popular posts from this blog

Metras nalla metras - 3

Idiosyncrasy - 3

Career problems for a 6 yr old