All about family

WARNING! may be a bit on the senti side.

Why would anybody want a family?

This line of questioning has been the latest topic of discussion between Bala and I.... whenever we get the time, after exchanging notes on regular stuff like bills, children, office, work, society vambu etc. etc. etc... Oh I forgot! After both kids go to sleep :-)

Before marriage, edho ponom, vandhom, saptom, thoonginom.... but now, all of these just don't happen. There is always a big IF or a WHEN before each and every word, action and movement.

Lets take no.1 - ponom. When do we go?
Is it sundu's sleep time? Oh never mind! he can take a small nap in the car ride.
Is it sundu's lunch time? Ok, lets pack his lunch along.
Will my servant come now? Thats fine I have given a key to my neighbour for her. But let me take out the vegetables for her to cut them.
Have I put the clothes in the machine? Good! She can spread them out in sun before I come.
Diaper bag? check.
diapers? check
extra clothing for sundu? check.
Water bottle for Hari? check.
My mobile? check.
Bala's mobile? check.
My wallet? check.

OK! LET'S GO! Hey! wait! we are going to the bank before going out. okay, take the passbook and other necessary stuff. DONE. CAN WE GO? YES, AT LAST.
We step out of the house and then inform Hari we will be going out for lunch. Now there starts the non-stop polambals BY Hari.
H: Are we going to bike hotel? (thats Seasons where they have displayed the latest model of some bike and for some reason Hari loves that hotel)
Bala or I: No. We are..
H: I want to go to bike hotel.
B or I: Hari, lets try..
H: No. I like bike hotel.
B or I: Hari, I know you like bike hotel, but..
H: adhellam kadayadhu. you won't listen to me. Always I have to listen to you.
I: ('cos by this time I sense bala is on the verge of losing his patience) Thats not how it is. For the past 2 times we have gone to bike hotel. This time.
H: What happens? I like the food there. I want pasta there.
I: I will make pasta for dinner at home.
H: NO I only want bike hotel pasta.
I: Hari, listen
H: you won't listen to what I say. Why is, you don't like me, no?
I: (now where did this come from) Hari please how can you say that?
H: Then why no bike hotel?
I: OK. Lets make a deal. If we go to bike hotel today, next time we have to go to my hotel.
H: OK :-) Good idea!

PHEW! By the time this is done, we are almost there at the hotel. Now its sundu's turn. He doesn't sleep in the car, ends up being cranky, Bala carries him in the ergo carrier and roams around the hotel. We take turns eating. All done and ready to head back home.
Now at last lets have a small, calm and soothing conversation at least while driving. WHOAH! somebody heard that!! Sundu cries at the top of voice for attention. Okay, this is India, so take him out of the car seat. He sits on my lap in the front. I assume he is going to sleep. But nope. Hero has different ideas.
S: Hey! whats that stick? Only appa gets to touch it. I think I would like to try that.
I: Sundu, no don't touch that.
S: okay. I want to go to appa and sit on his lap.
I: Sundu, don't go to appa, he might crash the vehicle.
H: Sundu, muttu muttu...
S: (leans towards Hari sitting in the back of the car for muttu muttu, all excited)
I: Hari, don't do this now. Appa can't drive
H: You don't let me do anything. You always kochi me and not Sundu.
I: BALA! GET THE VEHICLE HOME BEFORE I GO MAD!
B: (all smiles) You wanted a family ;-)

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL :) I must have missed this. Couldn't sum it up any better.

Popular posts from this blog

Metras nalla metras - 3

Time, the culprit

Career problems for a 6 yr old