Hari's new school - contd

The first post was threatening to be too long
Hey! I forgot the most important part of 'My School life - Second Phase' and that is the training finds its extension at home. Did I tell you that I keep an alarm and wake up nowadays? Let me give a brief on why this alarm thing is such an important factor in my life.

I have always and still wonder why the concept of alarm was ever invented. I think the guy who invented it must be a pervert of some sort who does not understand the joy of sleeping. Pure bliss, completely untainted by any pressure to arise from this state. The joy of just waking up when your eyes no longer have the need to remain closed. This joy is KILLED when the ALARM RINGS, SINGS, BUZZES and in some weird cases CROWS. As far as I can remember I have woken up with an alarm only during extreme cases like catching a train or flight or to attend some function at home or elsewhere. Till I got married, my mother would wake up with an alarm and then wake me up. After my marriage that job has been delegated to my husband. When my son's school started, with much reluctance I find myself keeping an alarm and waking up at 6 in the morning EVERYDAY. Can you imagine? 6 in the morning? Atrocious! My biological clock is so conditioned that I am not able to sleep after 6 even during weekends.

Onto my favourite Ashwini Aunty... One of the parent said something about her that I liked very much. She said, "we are in love with Ashwini Aunty so we tolerate her. Otherwise, we would not be listening to her curt remarks." Third day of school, despite the alarm ringing, I was a little late. Late not to get to school but to have my breakfast. So I ended up packing it in a box and kept it in my car. I kept telling Hari repeatedly, "I have not had anything to eat. I am hungry. I will not go home. I have brought idlis with me in the car. I will eat in the car and come back." After repeating this for five or six times, Hari agreed to let me go and eat. But he insisted I come up to the classroom and entrusted him in Medha Aunty's care. (Don't get bored! my favourite aunty is about to come in the picture:-) )

I dropped him at his class. Came down. Saw Ashwini Aunty. Explained to her that I will have my breakfast and get back. You should have seen the panic in her face. NO NO! DONT DO THAT! With great pride I told her that my son has asked me to go, eat and come back. She was for a minute taken back. She had to say something to have an upper hand in the situation. I could not believe it when she said, "I give you EXACTLY 7 minutes to go and come back. You could eat there or get it here and eat I don't care. But in 7 minutes I should see your face again." My My! What a lady!

The trick of not having breakfast worked in my favour. Hari started going to school without crying. By now 90% of the children were ok. So Ashwini Aunty asked us to move away from the gate and sit at the steps of another building nearby. Some of us moved away but there were other anxious parents who wanted to have a look at how their kids were doing. NO! thats not done here as long Ashwini Aunty rules. "When I say move away and sit on the steps, it means move away and sit on the steps." Okay!

We were actually starting to feel like kids. I should probably go and complain to my mother - Amma! that aunty spoke rudely to me.... come and shout at her...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Metras nalla metras - 3

Idiosyncrasy - 3

Career problems for a 6 yr old